Tuesday 16 July 2013

Thoughts On Pandora’s New Season Collection

Living in Australia which is on the other side of the world Pandora’s headquarters in Denmark I’m used to seeing new collections from Pandora that are totally out of sync with the season that me and my fellow fanatics are living in. Sometimes it’s great with like the recent spring collection that came out in our Autumn and reminded me of some nice floral patterns. This time it’s the Summer ‘By The Sea’ collection that’s coming out in our Winter, but in Australia we’re in no shortage of Sunny weather and to top it off there an Opera House charm in this collection! A perfect addition to the theme of ‘By the Sea’ I might add and a definite must-buy for myself as a Sydney-sider and proud Aussie! As for the rest of the collection….Here are my thoughts:

European Seaside Themes


If you’re thinking of a seaside theme then a great country would be the romance and history of the Europe countryside with its villas and winding roads along the bright blue sea. Pandora is based in Denmark as I mentioned before with designers residing in Europe so it isn’t too much of a surprise that they chose imagery such as the famous gondolas of Venice and Vespas that are so popular around Italy. Personally I’m most impressed by the scooter silver dangle with extensive red enamel colouring and a cubic zirconia making a cute headlight. I could see it perfect for anybody who owned a scooter and might go well on your keychain but I’d be careful of scratching the bright red enamel coating.

Vibrant Triple Layered Leathered Bracelets


As always the pieces of each collection go amazingly well together and this Seaside collection is no different. Here we have triple layered leather bracelets that aren’t exactly meant to be stacked with charms like the more traditional single banded silver or black leather woven bracelet, but would look great either on its own or in my opinion, with just a few charms or clips spotted around the length of material. My favourite colour would definitely be the turquoise colour, perfect for the Seaside Theme and would look stunning with the scooter charm!

Cute Crustaceans


A new Pandora collection would be complete with at least a couple cute animal charms. This time around we’ve got some sea dwelling creatures with a fish, seashell and a baby crab. As usual these are the charms that really pique my interest but the seashell silver charm holding a tiny pearl that wins my favourite for the Seaside collection. If you’re looking for the perfect charm for your niece, daughter or granddaughter I’d definitely recommend the silver fish with blue topaz eyes though. A cute, but elegant and long-lasting gift for a young lady for sure!

Special Mentions


This new series of charms is jam packed with some great stuff that’s sure to be Pandora classics – I’ve got my eye on the scooter dangle in particular. In addition a few more things caught my eye: a classy cubic zirconia studded pair of tiny sunglasses, a brightly coloured beach ball and something that will definitely go on my wish list no matter what – a blue and yellow enamel beach balloon with a brilliantly details silver rope wound around it.Along with that there are some new Pandora rings that build on the stack centered ring collection that has been built up along the years and some nice earrings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment